Sunday, June 15, 2014

People are not sure what to say....

As I mentioned before I becoming a stay at home mother as of tomorrow.  The thing is when others find this out their reactions are mixed. I have gotten the ," What will you guys do for money?" to the "I am happy for you and wish I could do the same."  I am not upset at the ones concerned about our financial situation. I mean it is legit. To be quite honest I am scared! I am used to getting up every morning and working. I like having a paycheck . The thing is in my line of work, it's mentally draining.  You see I lost my father in 2010 to a sudden illness. I was not prepared for that , none of us were. I did not do some of the things I had wanted or said what I wanted to. I was forced to look at life from a , "Life is just too short" standpoint.   It really is too short to deal with people who are unhappy on a daily basis. It is not worth it to take time that could be spent raising your children instead of seeing them  on the weekends and an hour or 2 at night.  I grew tired of seeing the disappointment  in my son's eyes when he asked me to have lunch with him and I  couldn't because I had to go into work.  Our autistic son is falling through the cracks of a failing system that is not equipped to handle him because I am not able to spend the time advocating on his behalf. That being said it became tiresome going through that with him and listening to incessant whining of people who have no clue what real pain is because they cannot see past their own selfish needs.

I had to do some soul searching and decide that I needed to do what was best for us and we would manage like we always do. Despite what others think the two of us are working towards bigger goals such as getting our degrees so we can afford a better life for our family. We have a plan and sometimes sacrifices are needed to obtain a goal.


No comments:

Post a Comment